Most of you know who Robert Kiyosaki is. He is the best selling author of the “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” series. He claims to be able to take anyone and make then a real estate millionaire for the low price of $10K to $50K depending on which seminar you attend.
My husband, Bill Twyford, and I travel around the country teaching real estate seminars and we speak to students everywhere who claim to have spent in upwards of $50,000 on Rich Dad Poor Dad seminars (and several others) and have ended up filing bankruptcy because of it.
So – how does one find the perfect guru if they want to become a millionaire real estate investor?
Follow these easy steps and you will avoid the pitfalls of dealing with the wrong person:
* If the guru asks you to raise your credit card limits run for your life and never look back.
* If the guru isn’t personally coaching you do not buy into an expensive coaching program. 99% of the real estate guru’s use the same sales floor in Vegas for their coaching program which means you have a highly trained telemarketer answering your pressing real estate investing questions.
* If they use a team of high-pressure sales people at the back table walk away. Don’t let them play into your emotions and pressure you into a purchase.
* If they push you into a series of “bootcamps” just keep in mind that MOST bootcamps are nothing more than a sell-a-thon. A two-day bootcamp usually has a different speaker every 1 1/2 hours and each speaker is trying to sell you a different program. You literally can spend tens of $1,000′s of dollars thinking that you must have each program as they are pitched to make you believe that you can’t do it without them.
Many gurus sell franchises or licences to people who then work off of their famous name. For example – Rich Dad sells franchises and the franchisee owner is the person selling you into the program, NOT the actual guru. Basically your training is as good as the franchisees experience. Some franchisees are actual real estate investors, but the majority are businessmen who see the dollar and use the above tactics to rake in the cash.
This is just a small list of things to avoid. The most important is to look at the guru’s track record. Are they a GURU or a DORU? A “guru” sells you into a pipe-dream and a “doru” is actually out there doing deals while teaching others how to do what is making them money.
Let’s compare the “Tale of the Tape” and see how we stack up:
* We have never ask one person in 20 years to raise their credit card limit and wouldn’t even consider it.
*We offer TWO different types of coaching – a one-on-one where you coach with me personally on Skype. The other is done weekly at our coaching headquarters where you are on an open call with other coaching students and can ask questions to me or Bill directly. If you can’t make the call, you can email your questions and they will get answered. www.investorsedgeuniversity.com/realestateprofits
* We explain how our programs work, show how we use them, and then give you a no pressure opportunity to invest or not. If you don’t, it’s okay.
* When you attend our two-day Short Sale Foreclosure Summit we are the only teachers. There are NO outside selling speakers…EVER! Our classes are actually two full days of nothing but teaching. 100% of the attendees walk away thrilled at the amount of education they get.
* We teach all of our own classes and don’t allow anyone to teach under our names. Bill and I are two-time best sellers and LOVE to teach. We even offer you an opportunity to come to Denver and work with us in our backyard so that you can see that we are DORU’s and are the real deal! www.investorsedgeuniversity.com/prospectwiththepro
So as you can see – there is no comparison. Before you spend any of your hard earned money with anyone, including us, make sure the people are doing deals, aren’t selling you into a “make millions while you sleep” system, and have some real history. Most of today’s guru’s came on the market after the housing crash and are fantastic Internet Marketers but have NO real estate experience.
When all else fails – see how your spirit feels. God says, “You will know them by their spirit.”
Watch this video to see details on the Rich Dad thing:
Real estate investing is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to us and it can be for you as well…
Be a Blessing,